Vitamin B12: Sublingual 1mg
A high potency B12 supplement containing 500µg of methylcobalamin and 500µg of adenosylcobalamin; both are active forms of B12.
• Higher potency of 1000µg per tablet and beneficially contains active forms of B12.
• Most products on the market are cyanocobalamin, which needs to be enzymatically converted to the active forms in the body.
• Universally bio-effective and ideal for vegetarians and vegans.
• Methylcobalamin is used in methylation, adenosylcobalamin is used in the mitochondria. • B12 in supplements does not need stomach acid/digestive enzymes to release it from protein. However, absorption of B12 from supplements still requires intrinsic factor (released from the parietal cells in the stomach) and then uptake is at the terminal ileum. Those with low intrinsic factor levels may fail to absorb B12. If presented in a sublingual form the absorption problems are overcome.
• Methylcobalamin may be indicated to provide ‘methyl’ groups and for people with specific genetic polymorphisms who do not recycle B12 effectively
|+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin), dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silicon dioxide.